————————– Call Out For Male Dancers ———————-
Loop Dance Company is looking for an experienced guest male dancer to join the company for an Arts Council funded project with choreographer Sivan Rubinstein. The short project will culminate with a performance at Turner Contemporary in Margate, Kent on 29th November 2016.
Project description and concept:
The project is called Ports that Pass and explores the concept of identity through nationality, profession, status and travel. We all move geographically and our identities have their own journeys. While the Passport captures a small fragment of our journey and identity, it is also used to define us as people. Ports that Pass is a dance performance and photography installation that uncovers our wider journey.
- We are looking for experienced professional male dancers who fit the following criteria:
- Over 25 years old
- At least 3 years professional training
- At least 4 years professional performance experience
- Strong improvisation skills
- Have an interest in working collaboratively
- Keen to work out of their comfort zone and be physically challenged
- Are available for all rehearsal and performance dates below
Voice work skills
20th, 22nd, 23rd October 10am-6pm
3rd, 4th, 5th, 10th, 11th, 12th, 13th, 18th , 19th, 20th, 24th, 25th , 26th, 27th November 10am-6pm
29th November 2016
All rehearsals will take place in either London or Kent, exact locations to be confirmed.
This is a paid freelance position.
£1340 inclusive of travel expenses.
Send your CV or biography and a show reel or at least two video links of you dancing to firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: the video links do not need to be a filmed performance, it could be a film of you in a studio improvising.
Deadline for applications: 7th October 2016
Shortlisted applicants will be notified by 9th October 2016 and invited to a meeting to discuss the project further, either in person or via Skype.